Sunday, July 3, 2011

The book cover market #2: A game of thrones - George R.R. Martin

New cover delivery!

Here you can find some diferent books covers from US, UK and Spain to talk about which one is the best!.

I will try to do one enter per week so the selected day will be sundays!


I had to do a new post with one of my favorite books so I am here showing you the book covers of "A game of thrones by George R.R. Martin".
This book is the first in the book series "A song of ice and fire" and though its first edition went out on the market long time ago (1996) it is now when it has been an awesome success.


My rating is 5! but I cannot show you the review because I read it long time ago.

Now it is time to start with the covers...

Spain 2
Spain 1
Spanish covers

Luxury edition
UK covers
Cover UK 1(Original)


Cover UK 2

Cover UK 3

Cover UK 4




US covers
Cover US 1(original)


Cover US 2

Cover US 3


Cover US TV





I could talk so much about these covers because they are so much but I am going ruling out some of them as the original cover from US. It doesn't call me anything, I know that it shows the throne but everything tells me that this is a history book not a fantasy book unlike the original UK cover that it is fine for this fist edition with this red colors and the knight.

On the other hand we have one of the last covers on the market, the TV series cover. Though we can see Ned on the throne and the story is around he and his family, it does not call me enough. I do not know how I should explain this but it is the same with de vampire diaries books or true blood books, at the moment they published the tv series book with the actors on the covers I feel strange because I prefer the other covers.

The best covers for me are the luxury edition from Spain, the UK 2 with the dragon and the US 2 with the lion. In my opinion these three show important pictures about the book and their covers encourage more to buy the book to be read.


¿What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment